Ultra-Compact High-Density Optical Fast Ethernet Concentrating Residential Access and FTTH Routing Switch
BATM/Telco System’s T5 Compact optical Fast Ethernet routing switch provides an optimal solution for mid and long distance intelligent Layer 3 broadband services. Ideal for Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) and centralizing remote sites applications. The T5 Compact’s super-efficient size, only 1RU in height, affords not only the capacity of physically larger backbone routing switches, but also the economy offered by workgroup switches.
T5 Compact 24F supports 24 Fast Ethernet plug-in (SFP) or fixed multi mode ports, 2 Gigabit Ethernet fixed 10/100/1000BaseT and 2 Gigabit Ethernet plug-in miniGBIC (SFP) ports. Residential access and FTTH applications are tailored exactly to the T5 Compact 24F capabilities offering. SFP pluggable 100FX modules grant ultimate flexibility in choosing the right transceiver to any application need. Multi-mode, singlemode and Bi-Directional single-mode interface elevates Telco System’s T5C-24F into the optimal platform in terms of flexibility and cost-effectiveness.
Copper Gigabit Ethernet provides cost-effective high-speed uplink and cascading capabilities, plug-able miniGBIC (SFP) optical Gigabit Ethernet interfaces allow network extension over large distances.
The resident BiNOS (BATM/Telco Systems Inter Networking Operating System) software anticipates the administration, management, QoS, and security performance requirements of enterprise networks by supporting a breadth of IEEE standards and industry conventions, such as Access Control Lists. Hardware based implementation of BiNOS mandated policies enables the T5 Compact Routing Switch to perform Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing at wire speed. Field upgrades of BiNOS software from Layer 2 to Layer 3 use a patented procedure that incurs no downtime.
T5 Compact Routing Switches are fully manageable via SNMP, CLI, or the Web with either In-band (IB) or Out-of-Band (OOB) management tools. The CLI complies with the de facto industry standard and enables administration via a user friendly interface. Web management is made possible by utilizing embedded Java™ based user friendly management technology.
Administrators can use industry-standard SNMP-based network management systems, or BiNOSCenter. The BiNOSCenter is BATM/Telco Systems EMS/NMS Element/Network Management System and provides the network operator with a state-of-the-art, powerful, SNMP based configuration, monitoring and maintenance platform. The BiNOSCenter can manage any SNMP-based element.
Download the T5C-24F data sheet – PDF Version
Benefits and Features
- Advanced L3, non-blocking Routing Switch
- Ultra Compact Size – 1RU height, under 12″ depth
- 24 x 100BaseFX plug-in (SFP) ports plus 4 fiber/copper Gigabitall wire speed Ethernet ports
- Maximum savings on infrastructure. Use a single fiber instead of two!
- Unique option for plug-in Fast and Gigabit Ethernet transceivers including:
- CWDM, Extra Long-Haul (more than 100Km) optics
- Bi-Directional, and many more…
- High level of redundancy with AC or DC Power Supplies
- Enhanced Security and Maximum Protection with:
- SNMPv3, 802.1x, SSH, RADIUS
- Secured Telnet, Advanced Access
- Control List (ACL), and many more…
- IPv4 to IPv6 migration path and awareness
- Complete Professional Management tools for best control of your network
- IB and OOB management with standard industey CLI, WEB management via Embedded Java™ and unique Alarms management
- HPOV and SNMPc integration keys
- BiNOSCenter – your EMS platform
- Unique feature-rich support including:
- 802.1p 8 priority queues
- DHCP Relay & Server
- RMON & Syslog
- TLS for E-2-E tunneling
- Port trunking
- Rate limiting and Traffic Shaping for efficient bandwidth control, many more…
There are no reviews yet.