CISCO – SPA-4XOC3-POS-V2
NEW in the clam shell – See Pictures http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/12000-series-routers/product_data_sheet0900aecd804dfd03.html The Cisco ® I-Flex design combines shared port adapters (SPAs) and SPA interface processors (SIPs), using an extensible design that enables service prioritization for voice, video, and data services. Enterprise and service provider customers can use improved slot economics resulting from modular port adapters are interchangeable across Cisco routing platforms. The I-Flex design maximizes connectivity options and offers superior service intelligence through programmable interface processors, which deliver line-rate performance. I-Flex enhances speed-to-service revenue and provides a rich set of quality-of-service (QoS) features for premium service delivery while effectively reducing the overall cost of ownership. This data sheet contains the specifications for the Cisco 4/8-Port OC-3c/STM-1 Packet over SONET SPAs
The Cisco 4- and 8-Port OC-3 POS SPAs are available on high-end Cisco Systems® routing platforms offering the benefits of network scalability with lower initial costs and ease of upgrades.
The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio continues the Cisco focus on investment protection along with consistent feature support, broad interface availability, and the latest technology.
The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio allows deployment of different interfaces (Packet over SONET/SDH [POS], ATM, Ethernet, and so on) on the same interface processor.
The Cisco 4- and 8-Port OC-3 POS SPAs are available with four or eight Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interfaces. SFP modules are available in multiple optical reaches from 2 to 80 km.
• Access and aggregation
• WAN uplinks
• Internet peering
Primary Features and Benefits
• Uses modular, flexible, intelligent interface processors:
– Flexibility, providing mix and match of interface types on the same interface processor for consistent services, independent of access technology.
– Pioneering programmable interface processors that provide flexibility for the service diversity required in next-generation networks.
– Innovative design that provides intelligent delivery of services without compromising on performance.
• Increases speed to service revenue:
– The future-proof programmable Cisco architecture extended to 10 gigabits per second dramatically improves customer density, increasing potential revenue per platform.
– Interface breadth (copper, channelized, POS, ATM, and Ethernet) on a modular interface processor allows service providers to more quickly roll out new services, helping ensure that all customers large and small receive consistent, secure, and guaranteed services.
– High-density SFP interfaces are featured for high-port-count applications with reach flexibility. Future optical technology improvements can be adopted using existing SPAs.
• Dramatically improves the financials of your routing purchase:
– Improved slot economics and increased density reduce capital expenditures (CapEx).
– The ability to easily add new interfaces as they are needed enables a “pay-as-you-grow” business model while still offering a high-density solution.
– SPAs are shared across multiple platforms and can be easily moved from one to another, providing consistent feature support, accelerated product delivery, and a significant reduction in operating expenses (OpEx) through common sparing as service needs change.