Licenses and accessories are sold seperately
The Cisco WAE-611 replaces the Cisco 566 Content Engine and the Cisco 7305A Content Engine as the new midrange edge delivery platform for regional offices or larger branch offices.
The Cisco WAE-611 can be configured as a content engine or a content distribution manager or a content router in a Cisco ACNS deployment or as a Cisco IP/TV Program Manager in a Cisco IP/TV deployment.
Cisco Systems ® is announcing the immediate availability of the new Cisco ® WAE-511, WAE-611, and WAE-7326 wide area application engines.
The Cisco Wide Area Application Engine (WAE) product family offers a single, consolidated platform allowing end users to run either Cisco ACNS or Cisco WAFS Software and also rely on a common hardware sparing model, simplifying operations and lowering overall cost.
As the successor to the Cisco Content Engine and Cisco File Engine products, the WAE models offer the industry-leading solution for application acceleration for Web-based and applications servers, file servers, and streaming video.
For an additional software license cost, it can be configured as a file engine or core engine in a WAFS deployment.
CISCO WAE PRODUCT LINE COMPATIBILITY
The Cisco software functions supported by the new WAEs.
Note that the WAE products cannot be configured to perform all application and content networking system (ACNS) functions simultaneously; they can perform one at a time (content engine, content router, CDM, or Cisco IP/TV Program Manager). However they can have both WAFS functions running simultaneously (WAFS software and WAFS central manager
• Software options-Cisco ACNS Software or Cisco WAFS Software
• Default HDD configuration:
· Two 144 GB ISCSI drives (part number DISK-SCSI-144GB) for a total of 288 GB of internal storage
• HDD options-None
• Default memory size-Two 1 GB SDRAM memory modules for a total of 2 GB of memory size
• Memory options-None
• Additional options for Cisco ACNS Software only-MPEG decoder card (part number CE-VIDEO-1P) or Fibre Channel host bus adapter (part number FIBER-CHNL-1PORT)
• Storage expansion-Supports only the 7-drive, default configuration of the Cisco SA-7340).