Cisco SFP-10G-SR Module
The Cisco 10GBASE-SR Module supports a link length of 26m on standard Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)-grade multimode fiber (MMF). Using 2000MHz*km MMF (OM3), up to 300m link lengths are possible. Using 4700MHz*km MMF (OM4), up to 400m link lengths are possible.
The Cisco® 10GBASE SFP+ modules give you a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
Features and Benefits
Cisco SFP+ modules offer the following features and benefits.
● Industry’s smallest 10G form factor for greatest density per chassis
● Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into an Ethernet SFP+ port of a Cisco switch (no need to power down if installing or replacing)
● Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model for investment protection and ease of technology migration
● Digital optical monitoring capability for strong diagnostic capabilities
● Optical interoperability with 10GBASE XENPAK, 10GBASE X2, and 10GBASE XFP interfaces on the same link
● Cisco quality identification (ID) feature enables a Cisco platform to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
Cisco FET-10G Module
The Cisco FET-10G Fabric Extender Transceiver supports link lengths up to 100m on laser-optimized OM3 or OM4 multimode fiber. It is supported on fabric links from a Nexus 2000 to a Cisco parent switch only. Note this product is not orderable individually. For more information refer to Nexus 2000 datasheet:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10110/data_sheet_c78-507093.html.